Argos Medical Center
About Woodlawn Health: Woodlawn Health is located in Fulton and Marshall County, Indiana. We are a rural health system earning the right to care for our community! Our flagship hospital and three rural clinics are located in Rochester, Indiana. We also have clinics in Akron and Argos, Indiana.
Our Mission is to provide excellent healthcare services by highly skilled staff in a compassionate and caring manner. We know that our employees are essential to the care we provide! When you join the Woodlawn Family, you have opportunities to bring your family to events such as breakfast with the Easter Bunny, Woodlawn Picnic, and other things throughout the year.
Our core values are as follows: Courtesy, Respect, Caring, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Integrity, and Accountability.
- As the receptionist, you will greet patients and guests in a professional manner responding to questions or requests appropriately. Obtain complete patient and insurance information for system entry and encounter forms. Post payments received in the mail and notify supervisor of any payments totaling over $200 not posted on the same day, or any amount not posted by the next day after receipt.
- Ask for payment of all current and previous amounts due from the patient/guarantor at the time of service. Enters office charges and personal payments, handles cash, balances the daily charges and deposit, and works with medical staff to insure complete and accurate charge entry. Updates laboratory charges as received. Schedules follow up appointments and maintain appointment recall system. Verifies or codes each visit with ICD9 and CPT codes.
- Insures that all telephone calls are answered promptly and handles or directs the calls appropriately.
- Schedules appointments according to specified guidelines.
- Prepares or assists in assembling charts of patients to be seen and maintains physician schedules.
- Performs office opening procedures and closing procedures as scheduled.
- Pick up, distribute incoming mail, and deliver outgoing mail and bank deposits as scheduled.
- Maintains records and billing on drug screens and alcohol tests for company accounts.
- Assists with billing functions as available including correspondence or telephone contacts with patients and guarantors, employers, government agencies, insurance companies or other providers regarding balances due. May make phone calls to patients or medical providers on behalf of medical staff to report results, schedule appointments at other locations, and clarify instructions or other contacts, which do not require a nurse or physician.
- Assist with filing or other clerical duties as available or needed for efficient patient flow and operation of the office.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience in a medical office, hospital or long-term care facility.
- CPR Certification
- Good communication skills and pleasant phone technique as required handling various telephone and in-person communication with patients, guests, and other medical providers in a professional manner.
- Ability to separate personal opinions and feelings from professional demands and responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in a multi-task environment where interruptions may be frequent.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality as defined by hospital policy.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Computer aptitude to do inquiry, data entry and daily system operations.
- Ability to use a typewriter and ten key calculator.
- Math aptitude sufficient to balance and handle cash.
- Ability to organize, alphabetize and file.
- Ability to adapt to variations in scheduling (including but not limited to overtime, work schedule changes or low census).
- Good visual and aural acuity
Shift : Day
Ref Code: 10723
Resumes may be forwarded to: Msaless@woodlawnhospital.com
To apply for this job please visit woodlawnhospital.org.