About Woodlawn Health: Woodlawn Health is located in Fulton and Marshall County, Indiana. We are a rural health system earning the right to care for our community! Our flagship hospital and three rural clinics are located in Rochester, Indiana. We also have clinics in Akron and Argos, Indiana.
Our Mission is to provide excellent healthcare services by highly skilled staff in a compassionate and caring manner. We know that our employees are essential to the care we provide! When you join the Woodlawn Family, you have opportunities to bring your family to events such as breakfast with the Easter Bunny, Woodlawn Picnic, and other things throughout the year.
Our core values are as follows: Courtesy, Respect, Caring, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Integrity, and Accountability.
- The Tech Assistant is responsible for adhering to all standards of patient care and taking accountability for all patient care given during his/her shift.
- Under the supervision of the Diagnostic Imaging Technologist, the Tech Assistant will assist by performing skills and services to meet personal needs and comfort of patients within the department.
- Assist the technologist with duties such as, but not limited to, patient transport, setting up rooms, cleaning rooms, paperwork, positioning and immobilization of patients, etc.
- The technologist assistant will not take exposures of any kind unless appropriate license is obtained and approved by the Director of Diagnostic Imaging.
- Deliver care while maintaining privacy and an age-appropriate and disease process focus.
- Utilizes computer system appropriately to document care provided.
- Assist staff with patient transfer within the hospital, to include transfer of patient belongings and patient orientation to new room.
- Perform or assist in secretarial duties such as order entry, scanning, filing, scheduling, etc.
- Understands the proper utilization and functioning of patient supplies and equipment necessary in performing his/her duties.
- Ensure a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with hospital safety measures and plans.
- Cross-train and perform as needed in other imaging departments.
- Assist all personnel in a cooperative and respective manner.
- Conduct self in a professional manner.
- Respects patient rights and professional ethics.
- Stays available and accessible at all times when on duty. Obtains departmental mobile phone at beginning of shift to utilize messaging system.
- Cooperates with staffing needs during high and low census situations.
- Attends department meetings to keep current on issues and changes within the department. Attends other meetings or in-services to maintain skills, and completes annual education day requirements.
- Abides by infection control standards of Woodlawn Hospital.
- Attends or participates in all mandatory departmental and hospital events, meetings, education and requirement.
- May be assigned other duties as needed.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED or relevant experience preferred but not required.
- Basic Life Support certification within 90 days of hire.
- Prior Experience recommended but not required
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in a multi-task environment where interruptions may be frequent.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions effectively; ability to write legibly.
- Flexible and can adapt to new situations while working quickly and efficiently.
- Prioritize time and care according to patient needs.
- Genuine interest in patients and co-workers as demonstrated by timeliness, flexibility, and attendance when scheduled, may include weekends and holidays.
- Ability to adapt to variations in scheduling (including but not limited to overtime, work schedule changes and low census).
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality as defined by hospital policy.
- Ability to cooperate with other members of the medical team and personnel of other departments to give individualized patient care.
- Demonstrates good communication and customer service skills.
- Good visual and aural acuity.
- Supports this institution by following policies and procedures as set forth, participating in hospital activities, promoting good public relations, and demonstrating loyalty and pride in Woodlawn Hospital.
To apply for this job please visit woodlawnhospital.org.