Website Central Billing Office
About Woodlawn Health: Woodlawn Health is located in Fulton and Marshall County, Indiana. We are a rural health system earning the right to care for our community! Our flagship hospital and three rural clinics are located in Rochester, Indiana. We also have clinics in Akron and Argos, Indiana.
Our Mission is to provide excellent healthcare services by highly skilled staff in a compassionate and caring manner. We know that our employees are essential to the care we provide! When you join the Woodlawn Family, you have opportunities to bring your family to events such as breakfast with the Easter Bunny, Woodlawn Picnic, and other things throughout the year.
Our core values are as follows: Courtesy, Respect, Caring, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Integrity, and Accountability.
Onsite Physician Billing Clerk / Prior medical clinic/hospital insurance billing is required.
- Verifies insurance and makes necessary corrections.
- Computes the patient’s total hospital bill showing the payments to be made by insurance and by the patient.
- Compares the UB and the 1500 forms for detailed billing accuracy.
- Analyses itemized hospital bill for the correctness and sends to patient when requested.
- Makes any necessary corrections on downloading lists.
- Reviews payment listings weekly and moves accounts as necessary.
- Responds to all patient requests promptly.
- Verifies patients’ insurance plans and makes necessary corrections.
- Telephones, writes, or sends a fax to insurance company to verify patient’s coverage and to obtain information concerning extent of benefits.
- Answers patients’ questions regarding statements and insurance coverage.
- Obtains pre-certification from Medicare and Medicaid as needed, as well as Medicaid numbers.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail according to postal regulations as needed.
- Reviews and mails all bills including all group accounts.
- Analyzes all mail and takes appropriate action.
- Checks cash receipts list, pulls zero balances and files.
- Reviews insurance reports, letters, and final notices, checking for accuracy.
- Reviews daily, weekly, and monthly computer-generated patient accounting reports and takes appropriate action.
- Checks local paper for public notices of obituaries and estate filings. Contacts court house when necessary.
- Assist with Switchboard Operations and Data Processing as needed.
- Assist other departments when they have problems with patient accounts.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma/GED or relevant experience preferred but not required.
- Good communication skills and pleasant phone technique as required handling various telephone and in-person communication with patients, guests, and other medical providers in a professional manner.
- Possess and demonstrate good customer service skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret governmental regulations and documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work in a multi-task environment where interruptions may be frequent.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality as defined by hospital policy.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to adapt to variations in scheduling (including but not limited to overtime, work schedule changes or low census).
- Good visual and aural acuity
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discount interest, proportions percentages, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-one and small group situations to patients, patients’ representatives, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to type, operate a computer, and a familiarity of medical terminology.
Apply online or send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit woodlawnhospital.org.