About Woodlawn Health: Woodlawn Health is located in Fulton and Marshall County, Indiana. We are a rural health system earning the right to care for our community! Our flagship hospital and three rural clinics are located in Rochester, Indiana. We also have clinics in Akron and Argos, Indiana.
Our Mission is to provide excellent healthcare services by highly skilled staff in a compassionate and caring manner. We know that our employees are essential to the care we provide! When you join the Woodlawn Family, you have opportunities to bring your family to events such as breakfast with the Easter Bunny, Woodlawn Picnic, and other things throughout the year.
Our core values are as follows: Courtesy, Respect, Caring, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Integrity, and Accountability.
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Any of the following:
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant
- Certified Phlebotomists
- Medical Assistants with current ABR-OE
- CPTA (Certified Physical Therapy Assistant)
- COTA (Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant)
- CCMA (Certified Clinical Medical Assistant)
- RMA (Registered Medical Assistant)
- CMA (Certified Medical Assistant)
- License, credential, or certification meeting CMS requirement for CPOE and CPR Certification
- Prepares patients for the physician and documents according to the physician’s established instructions (e.g. weight, height, temperature, medications, nature and duration of symptoms, etc. as appropriate to the situation).
- Carry out physician orders (e.g. injections, testing, clean and bandage wounds, etc.).
- Assist physician with treatments and procedures as directed.
- Screen incoming Phone calls and respond appropriately (schedule appointment, take a message, etc.).
- Communicate with the patient, after consultation with the physician or nurse, on questions they may have, repeat and clarify orders and give appropriate instruction for when a patient needs to follow up or receive immediate medical attention.
- Inform parents on how to care for and what to expect from well and sick children according to physician established protocols and clarification with the nurse.
- Clean and prepare room as needed after each patient.
- Check and restock exam rooms daily.
- Regularly clean and organize laboratory and other work areas regularly.
- Contact pharmacies to authorize prescribed medications and refills according to policy and procedure when the triage nurse is not available to provide this service to patients.
- Perform the quality controls prior to performing tests or procedures requiring quality control and complete the documentation required for all office procedures.
- Order tests, collect/package specimens, complete the necessary forms for diagnostic tests, consultations or procedures done at other facilities.
- Organize and track laboratory results, transcription and other paper work, which requires physician review.
- Assist with filing or other clerical duties as available or needed for efficient patient flow and operation of the office.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned.
Ref Code: #10323
Apply online or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit woodlawnhospital.org.