About Woodlawn Health: Woodlawn Health is located in Fulton and Marshall County, Indiana. We are a rural health system earning the right to care for our community! Our flagship hospital and three rural clinics are located in Rochester, Indiana. We also have clinics in Akron and Argos, Indiana.
Our Mission is to provide excellent healthcare services by highly skilled staff in a compassionate and caring manner. We know that our employees are essential to the care we provide! When you join the Woodlawn Family, you have opportunities to bring your family to events such as breakfast with the Easter Bunny, Woodlawn Picnic, and other things throughout the year.
Our core values are as follows: Courtesy, Respect, Caring, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Integrity, and Accountability.
Position Description: Hours: Evenings or Nights
- Performs all testing in the laboratory including chemistry, microbiology, computer entry, hematology, serology, blood banking. Phlebotomy, urinalysis and microscopy. May perform arterial draws for blood gases if needed.
- Maintains records of performance as defined in the laboratory’s general and sectional policy and procedure manuals.
- Performs procedures in one or more functional sections of the medical laboratory for which competency has been verified by a qualified supervisor, including specimen collection.
- Maintains records of procedure performance, patient results, and quality control in the functional section. Follows defined protocol for investigating out-of-control runs and implements necessary remedial action.
- Review relevant laboratory reports for extraordinary results and clerical errors before they are reported to the patient’s medical records, including reports on procedures processed in reference laboratories.
- If the medical technologist is in charge of an area, they are responsible for maintenance, quality control, order and inventory, remedial action and policy and procedure for that particular area.
- Maintains equipment in accordance with defined policies and protocols and logs preventive and remedial maintenance of equipment. Logs performance of equipment, including daily temperature checks. May perform minor repairs on equipment.
- May participate in research, development and verification of new procedures and changes to extant procedures.
- May participate in writing policies and protocols for new or changed procedures.
- May participate in cost analysis of extant and prospective test procedures.
- Is involved in the training and teaching of new laboratory personnel.
- Reviews quality control of their assigned area of the laboratory.
- Performs duties assigned by the Laboratory Director above routine or departmental responsibilities. To include but are not limited to:
- Supervise the LIS system, including instrument interfaces, test builds and problem resolution.
- General review of daily test orders and billing reports.
- Order and Inventory of laboratory supplies and monitoring of receipt.
- Preparation and maintenance of laboratory schedules.
- May perform duties of a Technical Consultant per CAP guidelines and participate in competency assessments when delegated by the Medical Director.
- Secondary duties and responsibilities would include those primary duties of the laboratory assistant.
- Responsible for filing of reports and other documents in the laboratory.
- Responsible for collection of blood specimens by phlebotomy.
- Responsible for collecting timed specimens at the correct time.
- Responsible for housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Responsible for charting of patient results.
- Must assist in taking reports and picking up specimens at reference clinics and nursing homes.
- Responsible for driving to nursing homes to draw blood.
- Responsible for taking reports to doctor’s mailboxes.
- Answers telephone according to hospital policy.
- Restocks drawing trays and outpatient drawing area.
- Responsible for shredding confidential material.
- Performs any and all other job duties as assigned
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Board of registry examination (ASCP, AMT), preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution.
- CPR Certification is required.
Shift: Evening or Nights
Ref Code: 4423, 9723
Apply online or send resume to: email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit woodlawnhospital.org.