Website Woodlawn Hospital
Woodlawn Health is located in Fulton and Marshall County, Indiana. We are a rural health system earning the right to care for our community! Our flagship hospital and three rural clinics are located in Rochester, Indiana. We also have clinics in Akron and Argos, Indiana.
Our Mission is to provide excellent healthcare services by highly skilled staff in a compassionate and caring manner. We know that our employees are essential to the care we provide! When you join the Woodlawn Family, you have opportunities to bring your family to events such as breakfast with the Easter Bunny, Woodlawn Picnic, and other things throughout the year.
Our core values are as follows: Courtesy, Respect, Caring, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Integrity, and Accountability.
This position will be required to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Interviews patient or patient representative to obtain all required information as stated in the registration policy and procedure book. This includes any updates that may be added to original policy.
- Pre-registers patients through the EWS by contacting patient by phone or referring to the on-line registration. Pre-Registration are called for the following departments: radiology, oncology, cardio-pulmonary and surgery.
- Verifies Workers’ Comp patient accounts by calling employer and obtaining a prior authorization and authorization number when necessary.
- Enters all patient information into the computer completely and accurately.
- Completes all required paperwork for admission.
- Explains all hospital regulations such as visiting hours, advanced directives, and financial responsibility, etc.•Escorts patients or arranges for an escort to assigned room or department.
- Routes printed face sheet, labels, and other required paperwork to designated department.
- Complete MSP (Medicare secondary payer) forms for all Medicare patients.
- Obtain signed and dated consent form from patient prior to treatment. If access to patients is not available, you must see that someone else gets the consent signed. Refer to your consent policy for further details.
- Calls to nurses’ station to get permission to let visitors go to patients’ rooms.
- Admits all Fulton County Emergency Medical Service patients into computer.
- Notifies physicians for PRN lab orders and signature renewals as needed.
- Collects co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles from patients at the time of service.
- Cleans and disinfects counters, chairs and equipment in registration area. Keeps work area neat and organized. Shreds trash. Assists other departments as needed.
- Verifies duplicate account list. Notifies Business Office in writing of any accounts needing eroded.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Business Services and the Patient Access Coordinator.
- Acts as the customer service information resource for patients and visitors entering the facility.
- Interfaces with other departments to ensure patient and visitor satisfaction by coordinating the flow of information between staff and patients and/or family members.
- Monitor wait time and deep patient informed of any delays.
- Offer assistance to patient to help make their visit a positive experience.
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma/GED or relevant experience preferred but not required.
- Good communication skills and pleasant phone technique as required handling various telephone and in-person communication with patients, guests and other medical providers in a professional manner.
- Possess and demonstrate good customer service skills.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets governmental regulations and documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in a multi-task environment where interruptions may be frequent.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality as defined by hospital policy.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to adapt to variations in scheduling (including but not limited to overtime, work schedule changes or low census).
- Good visual and aural acuity.
- Excellent Data Entry Skills.
Ref Code: 6723
Resume may be emailed to:
To apply for this job please visit woodlawnhospital.org.