About Woodlawn Health: Woodlawn Health is located in Fulton and Marshall County, Indiana. We are a rural health system earning the right to care for our community! Our flagship hospital and three rural clinics are located in Rochester, Indiana. We also have clinics in Akron and Argos, Indiana.
Our Mission is to provide excellent healthcare services by highly skilled staff in a compassionate and caring manner. We know that our employees are essential to the care we provide! When you join the Woodlawn Family, you have opportunities to bring your family to events such as breakfast with the Easter Bunny, Woodlawn Picnic, and other things throughout the year.
Our core values are as follows: Courtesy, Respect, Caring, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Integrity, and Accountability.
Woodlawn Health Offers Many Excellent Benefits Including:
- Sign-on Bonuses
- Tuition assistance
- Loan Forgiveness
- Certification Pay
- Low nurse-patient ratios
- Free education/training
PRIMARY DUTIES – GENERAL:
- Performs diagnostic radiographic procedures, in a timely fashion, while demonstrating the appropriate knowledge and skills necessary to work with patients from pediatric through geriatric.
- Prepares and operates equipment and positions patients correctly in order to provide the requested diagnostic images for interpretation.
- Completes exams in a timely manner and verifies all information is provided to the Radiologist.
- Acquires adequate knowledge of the patients’ medical history to understand and relate to their illnesses, being responsive to those concerns, and the fears associated with the use of radiation.
- Treats patients, visitors, and fellow employees with care and respect.
- Follows the mission of Woodlawn Hospital and its core values.
- Reports and responds immediately to unethical behavior or conflicts of interest.
- Maintains the department according to Local, State, and Federal Laws.
- Consults with the radiologist, physicians, and staff concerning radiology procedures, techniques, and protocols.
- Applies knowledge of radiation physics and safety regulations to limit radiation exposures, follows ALARA guidelines.
- Works independent of others and in a timely manner.
- Follows all HIPAA regulations.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and reorders as needed.
- Recognizes maintenance of equipment, confirms equipment malfunctions, and makes arrangements to restore equipment to proper service.
- Participates in departmental inspections conducted by various licensing, regulatory, and accrediting agencies.
- Functions as a team member and assists other departments within Diagnostic Imaging when necessary.
- Communicated effectively to other team members to provide quality patient care.
- Participates in performance improvement projects and strives to meet desired goals.
SECONDARY DUTIES – GENERAL:
- Attends regional or national meetings as permitted to update and refine skills.
- Assists the Director in development and implementation of the Diagnostic Imaging Quality Control and Quality Assurance Program.
- Assists with performance improvement projects.
- Assists in general office duties such as, but not limited to, scheduling, order entry, order verification, appointment verification, etc.
- Assists with new procedures, protocols, guidelines, and techniques to improve patient care and customer satisfaction.
- Assists in providing instructions to students, and assists in training new personnel.
- Participates in learning and training of new modalities beyond initial hire, which may include Computerized Tomography (CT), Nuclear Medicine (NM), Ultrasound (US), Mammography (MG), and Magnetic Resonance (MR).
The preceding duties (primary and secondary) are not intended to be an exhausted list of tasks and functions for this position. Job descriptions provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents. Other tasks and functions may be assigned as needed to fulfill the mission of the organization.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiological Technologist ARRT (R)
- Certifications in 1 or 2 of the listed modalities below:
- registry in Computerized Tomography (CT) (ARRT)
- registry in Mammography (M) (ARRT)
- registry in Magnetic Resonance (MR) (ARRT)
- registry in Sonography (S) (ARRT)
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- Required Licensure with the State of Indiana.
- Basic Life Support Provider within 90 days of hire.
- Minimum of two years’ experience performing radiology procedures in a hospital environment preferred.
To apply for this job please visit woodlawnhospital.org.