Website Registered Nurse
Earning the right to care for our community
About Woodlawn Health: Woodlawn Health is located in Fulton and Marshall County, Indiana. We are a rural health system earning the right to care for our community! Our flagship hospital and three rural clinics are located in Rochester, Indiana. We also have clinics in Akron and Argos, Indiana.
Our Mission is to provide excellent healthcare services by highly skilled staff in a compassionate and caring manner. We know that our employees are essential to the care we provide! When you join the Woodlawn Family, you have opportunities to bring your family to events such as breakfast with the Easter Bunny, Woodlawn Picnic, and other things throughout the year.
Our core values are as follows: Courtesy, Respect, Caring, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Integrity, and Accountability.
WOODLAWN HEALTH OFFERS:
- Sign-on Bonuses
- Tuition assistance
- Loan Forgiveness
- Certification Pay
- Low nurse-patient ratios
- Free education/training
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Currently licensed in the state of Indiana as an Registered Nurse (RN). Maintains this licensure and provides Human Resources with any licensure renewals or changes. Must hold self and others accountable for delivery of quality patient care.
- Must possess Basic Life Support certification or obtain prior to providing direct patient care. Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per hospital policy.
- Must possess and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) or be willing to obtain within reasonable time frame.
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certification is desired.
- Provides professional nursing care within the emergency department. Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients.
- The registered nurse will perform initial triage of patients presenting to the emergency department.
- Assess assigned patients for overall conditions and needs, coordinates and gives care appropriately including treatments, all medications, initiates and maintains IV therapy, blood/blood product administration, etc. Initiates appropriate nursing actions to meet the goals and the physical, psychological, and social, needs of the patient.
- Demonstrates ability to care for the critically ill patient including but not limited to monitoring hemodynamic status of patients, correctly interpreting results, and cardiac monitoring. Demonstrates knowledge of dysrhythmia recognition and treats appropriately per ACLS guidelines and hospital policy and procedure.
- The RN will supervise Patient Care Coordinators in the emergency care of patients. The RN will assign care needs of the patients to appropriate staff members based on licensure/certifications and demonstrated clinical competency.
- The RN will consistently remain aware of patients arriving to the emergency department while supervising Patient Care Coordinators.
- Performs assessments for overall conditions and needs, interprets data, and delivers all nursing care with an age-appropriate focus. Will consistently perform ongoing re-assessments of patient’s condition as warranted.
- Plans for spiritual, emotional, and comfort needs of the emergency patient with an age-appropriate focus. Consults with physician appropriately.
- Utilizes computer documentation system appropriately.
- Abides by infection control standards of Woodlawn Hospital.
- Maintains the standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of Woodlawn Hospital and the emergency department. Demonstrates a high degree of skill and accuracy in all nursing activities
- Able to implement emergency protocols in the event of an internal or external disaster. Coordinates patient care as necessary and/or as required with other departments such as police, fire, HAZMAT and other emergency services.
- Assists the physician with special diagnostic tests or procedures performed in the emergency department. If unable to provide assistance, arranges for an appropriately prepared replacement.
- Participates in economical utilization of supplies. Understands how to use all department equipment and ensures that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner. Performs routine cleaning and checking of supplies and equipment of the emergency department.
- Participates in orientation of new employees of the emergency department personnel.
- Assists team members in giving care to patients or administers direct care when professional nursing skills and /or judgment are needed. Retains accountability for nursing care when delegating nursing regimens.
- Understands lab, x-ray, respiratory therapy, and surgical procedures as well as how to schedule these and interpret results for notification of appropriate persons. Interprets Lab and Diagnostic Imaging results; reports findings to the ED physician.
- Ascertains that adequate medications and supplies for the following shift are available.
- Demonstrates willingness to assist and perform any additional tasks as requested by the physician or Manager of Emergency Services.
- Attends at least 6 nursing staff meetings per year to keep current on issues and changes within the nursing department. Attends or participates in all departmental and hospital events, meetings, education and requirements.
- Assists the Manager of Emergency Services with the development of Performance Improvement indicators, formulation and revisions of policy and procedures to improve patient outcomes and the work environment. Participates actively on committees or projects for improvement of emergency care when requested.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- Willing to work in alternate nursing areas when needed and skills allow.
Shift: Evening (includes weekends)
Apply online of email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit woodlawnhospital.org.