About Woodlawn Health: Woodlawn Health is located in Fulton and Marshall County, Indiana. We are a rural health system earning the right to care for our community! Our flagship hospital and three rural clinics are located in Rochester, Indiana. We also have clinics in Akron and Argos, Indiana.
Our Mission is to provide excellent healthcare services by highly skilled staff in a compassionate and caring manner. We know that our employees are essential to the care we provide! When you join the Woodlawn Family, you have opportunities to bring your family to events such as breakfast with the Easter Bunny, Woodlawn Picnic, and other things throughout the year.
Our core values are as follows: Courtesy, Respect, Caring, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Integrity, and Accountability.
WOODLAWN HEALTH OFFERS:
- Sign-on Bonuses
- Tuition Assistance
- Loan Forgiveness
- Certification Pay
- Low nurse patient ratios
- Free education/training
Up to $5000 SIGN ON BONUS
- Approaches patient in a kind, gentle and friendly manner.
- Assists in maintenance and handling of special equipment and instruments.
- Helps position patient safely; helps pad and protect bony prominences.
- Assists in draping patients correctly for all procedures.
- Carries out medical and surgical asepsis during all procedures.
- Demonstrates competence in preparing and cleaning of OR suites before and between cases.
- Protects patient’s sensitivities and right to privacy.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of location, care and operation of all surgical equipment.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of instrument processing, sterilization and biological monitoring. Actively participates in instrument processing, as schedule allows.
- Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of productivity; self-motivated; manages activity and time; does not waste time.
- Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments, along with sutures, supplies and equipment for each individual surgical procedure.
- Accurately completes operating room counts (instruments, sponges, needles); follows proper procedure in the event of incorrect count; reports all discrepancies to circulating nurse and surgeon and/or corrects immediately.
- Checks all equipment/instruments needed, prior to each procedure to ensure proper functioning.
- Follows aseptic technique, when opening sterile supplies and setting up procedures.
- Sets up, scrubs and prepares for procedures in a timely manner prior to scheduled time.
- Always maintains an orderly and sterile instrument table for the purpose of efficiency; organizes effectively for end-of-case clean up.
- Anticipates needs of surgeon during intraoperative phase.
- Accurately handles specimens and can demonstrate care of that specimen.
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of assigned case and instruments and/or trays to be pulled for the procedure.
- Participates in economical utilization of supplies; ensures that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner; performs routine checks of supply carts and equipment.
- Exhibits enthusiastic and optimistic attitude.
- Participates in orientation of new personnel.
- Will assist with the development and updating of policies and procedures as they apply to the needs of the department.
- Actively participates in Surgical Services Performance Improvement activities.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the Hospital.
- Abides by infection control standards of Woodlawn Hospital.
- Attends at least 6 nursing staff meetings per year to keep current on issues and changes within the nursing department. Attends other meetings, in-services, and seminars to maintain skills and education standards.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma/GED or relevant experience preferred but not required. Preferred to have a working knowledge of the operating room.
- Must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Successful completion of a Certified Surgical Technologist course. Possesses the Surgical Tech Certification or willing to obtain within one year from completion of program. Must maintain certification and provide Human Resources with any renewals or changes.
- Must be a student in a Surgical Technologist program. Completion of at least three fourths of clinical rotation required to begin working in the department. Documentation of completion can be obtained from instructor.
- Be a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse trained in the Surgical Technologist position.
- Must hold self accountable for delivery of quality patient care and performs services requiring technical or manual skills under the direction of the circulating RN.
- Must possess Basic Life Support certification prior to providing direct patient care. Maintain BLS certification per hospital policy.
- Possess and demonstrate good communication and customer service skills, pleasant phone technique, and be able to express information clearly and concisely in both speech and writing.
- Ability to plan. Organize and prioritize work in a multi-task environment where interruptions may be frequent. Able to readily adapt to change to meet the needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality as defined by hospital policy.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to adapt to variations in scheduling including but not limited to overtime, work schedule changes or low census.
- Must be able to take call as scheduled and respond within the appropriate length of time (30 Minutes).
- Good visual and aural acuity.
- Maintains well-groomed appearance, practices good personal hygiene, and be of good mental and physical health to perform tasks as outlined under physical requirements.
- Must demonstrate appropriate behavior and be able to communicate in an exemplary manner with other hospital staff, physicians and patients.
- Wears identification while on duty; uses timekeeping system correctly.
- Assists the physicians and/or RN in the department.
Ref Code: 2821
Apply online or forward resumes to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit woodlawnhospital.org.